The Steering Committee of the Hub is a main strategic oversight body, which proposes the strategic vision and directions for the Hub.
The Committee is headed by the Chairperson, who is appointed by the Government of Kazakhstan and approved by the UNDP Resident Representative.
The main duties of the Steering Committee are:
- To provide overall directions on research, capacity building and strategies of the Hub;
- To promote and support cooperation between the participating countries, including financial and in-kind contributions to the Hub’s activities;
- To stimulate cooperation between national institutions contributing substantively to the Hub’s activities;
- To identify directions and strategic advice for the overall sustainability of the Hub.
The members of the Steering Committee include:
- Mr. Alikhan Baimenov, Chairman of the Steering Committee of the Astana Civil Service Hub
- Mr. Norimasa Shimomura, UN Resident Coordinator/UNDP Resident Representative in Kazakhstan (Co-Chairman of the Steering Committee)
- Mr. Alik Shpekbayev, Chairman of the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Public Service Affairs and Anti-corruption
- Ms. Catherine Kardava, Director of the Civil Service Bureau of Georgia
- Prof.Pan Suk Kim, Minister of Personnel Management of the Republic of Korea
- Mr. Edwin Lau, Division Head, Reform of the Public Sector, Directorate for Public Governance, OECD
- Prof. Bill Shields, Executive Director of the American Society for Public Administration
- Mr. Almaz Nasyrov, Rector of the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Kyrgyz Republic
- H.E. Mr. Anatoly Nichkasov, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Belarus in Kazakhstan