The Committee of Experts on Public Administration will hold its 20th session in April
The 20th session of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration will take place from 12 to 21 April 2021 in a virtual format. The Committee will explore effective governance and public administration for the implementation of the SDGs. The Committee will also discuss key areas of public administration underpinned by the eleven principles of effective governance for sustainable development to implement the SDGs and tackle challenges faced by COVID-19 pandemic. The agenda items include:
- Governance and public administration aspects of the theme of the 2021 session of the Economic and Social Council and the 2021 high-level political forum on sustainable development
- Dialogue with voluntary national review countries on institutional aspects of Sustainable Development Goal 16
- Strengthening the analytical basis for reform policies based on the principles of effective governance for sustainable development
- Integrating the Sustainable Development Goals into national and subnational budgeting and financial management
- Sustainable public procurement in the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on essential workers in the public sector
- Building strong institutions for sustainable development in conflict-affected countries
REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE
Observers from all regions of the world are welcome to join a dedicated consultation to be held on 19 April 2021. More information and a link to registration for the virtual consultation can be found on the website.
All documentation for the session is available online. A live webcast will be available in the six official languages of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) during the first week of the session.
Should you have any further interest or questions regarding this event, please do not hesitate to contact the Secretariat of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.