Mission & Goals
Mission: To assist in promoting civil service effectiveness by supporting the efforts of governments of countries of the region and beyond in building institutional and human capacity.
Goal: To become a multilateral platform engaged in the exchange of experience and knowledge, uniting efforts to reform and build capacity of civil services in participating countries.
Hub’s main areas of activities
Partnerships and networking
Capacity building and peer-to-peer learning
Research and knowledge management
• Strengthen cooperation among participating institutions and build partnerships with expert networks, thinks tanks and universities all over the world;
• Cultivate a network of policy makers, practitioners and other partners to share knowledge and experience on civil service reform in the region;
• Provide technical assistance and advisory services to the governments of the participation countries to enhance capacity on civil service issues;
• Facilitate and support capacity-building activities to enhance in-country and regional knowledge, skills and attitudes on civil service development and modernization;
• Introduce innovative approaches in learning and training to generate more effective acquisition of knowledge and skills among the beneficiaries;
• Carry out applied research and analysis on civil service development and professionalization;
• Publish and disseminate knowledge products, including review of innovations in civil service, case-studies, regular and occasional thematic policy and white papers, and a journal.