P2P Learning Alliance on Transformation and Innovations in Governance
On 14 June 2019, the third Alliance on Transformation and Innovations in Governance was launched in the framework of the ACSH Annual Conference. Peers of the Alliance are:
- Azerbaijan State Agency on Public Service and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan and State Examination Center
- Armenia Civil Service Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia
- Georgia Civil Service Bureau
- Kazakhstan Agency for Civil Service Affairs
- Kyrgyzstan State Personnel Service
- Tajikistan Agency of Civil Service under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
- Ukraine National Agency of Ukraine for Civil Service
- Asian Association for Public Administration (AAPA)
- Oslo Governance Centre, UNDP (OGC)
I. Peer group foundational engagement activity (phase I)
During the organizing meeting, the practitioners presented and shared their best practices and knowledge on effective civil service reforms, improving research in this area, applying innovative approaches and tools, as well as developing the implementation of civil service reforms measures.
As a result, the peers agreed:
- To launch P2P Learning Alliance III on “Transformation and Innovations in Governance”;
- To share freely their country-level experiences and identify ways of cooperation;
- Identify progressive, effective and innovative tools in the civil service and governance overall;
- Identify how the results of the learning exercises can be shared for the benefit of the wider audience.
- Strengthening the network of experts in the civil service through the Alliance.
II. Sustained engagement between the peers and achieving learning outcomes (phases 2-3)
To determine the goals, objectives and effective ways of sustainable cooperation within the Alliance-III an online survey has been conducted among the peers. Based on their replies an Action Plan is in the process of developing of this plan. The Action Plan will include p2p learning activities such as workshops, side visits, face-to-face and online meetings etc.
III. Learning applied to create change at scale (phase 4)
To comply with the objectives of the following stage (4) of the EIP Peer Learning Guide, the ACSH plans to:
- Conduct surveys to obtain feedback from the peers to improve the Alliance work and how they benefit from the lessons learnt and impact to their organizations;
- Evaluate the process and results of the P2P learning;
- Elaborate handbooks, case studies, reports and disseminate them among the Astana Hub’s participating countries;
- Share the experience of the Alliance among the Astana Hub’s participating countries and beyond.