The Advisory Board is established to provide strategic recommendations (for the Steering Committee) and substantive support and consultations on the ACSH activities (for the Hub implementation team). The Advisory Board consists of 15 members, who mostly represent the founding organizations of the Hub.
In accomplishing its mandate and role, the Advisory Board functions to:
- Provide advice, guidance and expert opinion on the framework, impact and general direction of the Hub;
- Review strategy papers on areas of relevance to the Hub, so as to be in a position to provide regular input and advice;
- Contribute substantively to the planned needs assessment studies in civil service reform and public service delivery;
- Provide advice on public administration reform priorities in the region;
- Promote and encourage the development of new partnerships and/or new partnership strategies vis-à-vis relevant organizations, on the local, regional and international levels;
- Review and provide input to the Astana Hub’s publications following requests by its Research Team personnel.
The membership at the Advisory Board as well as its annual meetings are open to all the representatives of the Hub participating countries. Some of the Advisory Board members also serve as members of the Hub’s International Journal Editorial Board.
Advisory Board members:
- Maia Dvalishvili, Deputy Director of the Civil Service Bureau (CSB), Georgia
- Rex Facer, Member of the US Federal Salary Council, Associate Professor of Public Finance and Management, Brigham Young University, USA
- Max Everest-Phillips, Ex-Director of Singapore UNDP Global Centre for Public Service Excellence, Singapore
- Neil Collins, Professor at School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan
- Drago Kos, Head of the OECD Working Group on Bribery
- Vladimir Shamakhov, Director of the North-West Institute of Management, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, Russian Federation
- Oleg Tarbinski, Deputy Head of the Department of State and Municipal Administration of the Government Apparatus of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Admir Šahmanović, Director General for International Cooperation and Support programs, Ministry of Public Administration of Montenegro
- Jahi Jahija, State Secretary of the Ministry of Information Society and Administration of the Republic of North Macedonia
- Bahram Khalilov, Deputy Chairperson of the State Examination Center of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Khadkhuu Togmid, Permanent Member of Civil Service Council, Mongolia
- Panos Liverakos, Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Civil Service Reform and Practice, Astana Civil Service Hub
- Vafadar Misirov, Executive Director of the State Examination Center of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Yernar Zharkeshov, Principal at the Whiteshield Partner
- Murat Abenov, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Partner Platform “Public Audit”, Kazakhstan
- Sholpan Yessimova, Vice-President of the Ahmet Yasawi University, Kazakhstan.