7th Regional Symposium on Effective Governance and Digital Transformation for Accelerating Progress towards the 2030 Agenda - Promoting Sustainable Resilient and Innovative Solutions (17-19 October 2023)
The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government (DPIDG), through its Project Office on Governance (UNPOG), in collaboration with the Ministry of the Interior and Safety (MOIS) and the Incheon Metropolitan City, is organizing the 7th Regional Symposium on Effective Governance and Digital Transformation for Accelerating Progress towards the 2030 Agenda - Promoting Sustainable Resilient and Innovative Solutions on 17 - 19 October 2023 in Incheon, Republic of Korea, and online.
The 7th Regional Symposium will reflect upon the commitments made during the 2023 SDG Summit and examine the actions needed for accelerated sustained and transformative action to deliver the SDGs. The high-level opening and setting-the-scene session titled "The Mid-Way Point Towards 2030: From Government Commitments to Sustained action to Deliver the SDGs: Key accelerators and Innovative Solutions" will set the stage for in-depth discussions with experts on key thematic areas and pave the way for collaborative actions to accelerate sustainable development.
The Regional Symposium's thematic sessions align with the focus areas of the Quintet of Change for the UN 2.0. The Symposium will focus on key accelerators for transformative change at national and local levels. The sessions and learning lab will examine:
- Strategic foresight for forward-looking policies and programmes in the context of uncertainty.
- Digital data governance to accelerate digital transformation.
- Innovation and digital transformation at the local level for better public service delivery.
- Results-oriented climate action through effective policy-making processes, institutional arrangements, and multilevel governance approaches.
- Behavioural science and changing mindsets in government for improved policies, leadership, innovation, digital government transformation, and partnerships.
REGISTER via the link here.
The Symposium will aim to raise awareness of critical public governance issues, examine current and future trends, and provide new approaches and methodologies to support UN Member States in developing their capacities to accelerate their commitments toward achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.